St Mary’s Church and 4thecommunity. (May 2020)
The Welsh Parliament are looking to scrutinize Covid-19 and its impact on children and young people. Terms of Reference are to consider the impact of the outbreak and how it is being managed on children and young people’s physical and mental health and wellbeing, their education and their social care.
For 4tc and St Marys, our purpose with this work is to listen to young peoples (11 – 17) experiences, issues and concerns around Covid-19 on the telephone, text, e mail or messenger.
We can then assess whether support is needed for young people during covid-19 virus, and what steps might work best.
A note will also be written reflecting what we’ve heard, absolutely anonymously, and forwarded to the Welsh Parliament. They are currently undertaking a consultation, seeking to hear about young people’s experiences, issues and concerns during Covid-19.
This isn’t a survey, aiming for big numbers of responses and a solid evidence base, this is a snapshot aiming to illuminate issues. Questions are menat as prompts to inform discussion.
- How has Coronavirus affected you?
- How difficult has it been for you personally to keep to the rules?
- How do you secure information about Coronavirus (Covid-19?)
- What has had the biggest impact on you….not seeing friends and/or family, less activities, or school / college closing?
- What extra help might be useful to you…eg telephone chat, information on Covid-19, help with your plans for the future including education, employment or training?
- How has your life changed since lockdown?
- What are your plans for the future?
- How has Covid-19 affected these?